Friday, May 11, 2012

Names in Kentucky


I have written in a previous post about the wonderful names of towns in Kentucky.  I have discovered that the personal names of people are equally fun and unusual!  I have only run into a Bubba once here and will post on that story sometime in the future.
Here is a list of some of the best ones I’ve found so far:
Hollon
Linwood
Cleve
Tanner
Haywood
Efrian
Elzie
Lera (female)
Triggy
Macy
Delphus
Fllis
Rondal (also Rondell)
Dane
Roex
Tigar
Daron
Ody
Otha (I asked Otha where his name came from and he claimed he never asked his mother.)
Ody
Lenna
Isreal (spelled this way, too)
Condit
And my personal, all time favorite nickname is “Tater”.  Bobby “Tater” Thomas of Munfordville.
I will add unusual names as I find them.
And I have been told that there is a community called Bug Tussle nearby.

2 comments:

  1. Dang, I gotta get me out there. Bug Tussle sounds like just the place to retire with the Fluff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although Knob Lick would be awful hard to resist...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete